Instead of doing productive things, like cleaning the house and being crafty pants, I took a four-hour nap. Naturally all I really wanted when I woke up was a black bean burger. This turned out to be a little difficult, since I lacked rather a lot of the ingredients most recipes called for. So I made my own version.
Delightful hodgepodge black bean burger on my front porch! I spent a lot of time crossing my fingers and hoping that my neighbors wouldn’t come home early and wonder why I was photographing my food on the porch.
Hodgepodge Black Bean Burgers
15 oz black beans (drained and rinsed)
Garlic or garlic powder
1. Sautee onions and mushrooms. Season to taste with garlic, cumin, and salt.
2. Mash up black beans. Season to taste with garlic, cumin, salt, and sriracha.
3. Add sauteed onions and mushrooms to black beans. Mix well. Add flour to hold it all together. Form mixture into patties.
4. Heat up some oil in a pan on medium.
5. Cook burgers until crispy, crispy, crispy! I wasn’t very good about waiting, so my black bean burgers were a little doughy-ish on the inside.
6. Flip. Add cheese.
7. Garnish with avocado! Eat!
Through My Headphones
*Punching In A Dream -The Naked And Famous